Business Plus Web Ltd, trading as Yorkshire Business Trust: Terms & Conditions
As we operate many payment plans there are a few terms and conditions that we apply to our services to ensure we can continue to offer the best possible value for money.
We ask that you familiarize yourself with these terms and conditions before you work with us, to avoid confusion or disputes later on.
We operate a staged payments policy for any services we provide to you.
Our staged payments policy is as follows:
1. We will send an invoice for the first payment of the project fee when we accept your order. You will need to pay this invoice before we start work.
2. We’ll send you an invoice for the next amount on a monthly basis, if you have a monthly payment plan a standing order needs to be set up for the agreed timescale.
3. If you are you are not using a payment plan then you will be required to pay 50% before the work commences.
4. On delivery of 1st draft of the site you will be required to pay a further 25% when invoiced, after which the remainder of the site will be complete.
5. We’ll send you an invoice for the remaining 25% of the total project fee once your website has gone live. You need to pay this invoice within 7 days of the invoice date. If you fail to pay this invoice on time, we reserve the right to disable the website and associated email addresses, and withhold all relevant passwords, until payment is received.
6. Invoicing – You will be invoiced automatically on the 20th of each month. All invoices are to be paid within 7 days of issue. On the 25th day of each month you will receive an invoice payment reminder. If you fail to pay your invoice on its due date you will then enter into a grace period which gives you time to settle your outstanding balance in full. During this grace period you will receive a series of overdue invoice reminders. If on the 1st of the following calendar month your invoice is still outstanding your services will be interrupted until full payment is received. We accept no responsibility for any negative affects upon your business as a result of interruption of your services due to non or late payment of invoices.
In the event of late payment, we reserve the right to apply a 20% late payment penalty to the outstanding balance.
After you’ve made your final payment and it’s cleared our bank account, we’ll send you our welcome document which contains all relevant passwords and access instructions for your website hosting account and any other accounts we’ve created for you.
Invoices and billing for our other products and services fall outside of the staged payment rules. In the event that due dates are missed on outstanding invoices we reserve all rights to immediately suspend the products and services you have with us. This includes but is not limited to website hosting, any design projects, emails, and search engine optimization.
In order to keep our web design prices as low as possible, it’s important that we follow processes that enable us to work quickly.
With this in mind, we ask you to make sure you brief us about how you want your website to look before we start work (we’ll help you with this by asking lots of relevant questions in our first project meeting.)
Making amendments can really slow our design process down, and push the cost up – so we will provide a mockup image of how we envisage your website will look, before we start the actual build process. We ask that if you want to make amendments to the design, you request changes during the mockup stage, and not put them off until we’ve started building your site.
Three rounds of revisions to the mockup are included in the price of our web design package. Any further amendments which result from your failure to provide a clear brief will be charged at £35 per hour.
Copyright and Ownership
You will own your domain, as long as you continue to pay any recurring registration fees. These are usually approximately up to £20 per year for a .com domain, and approximately up to £15 every two years for a .co.uk domain, including VAT (subject to our supplier’s prevailing rates).
Once you have paid our final invoice for any web design project, you will own all your website pages, and the design of the site (if it’s a bespoke design), and copyright of the website text (whether you’ve written your own text or you’ve paid us to write it for you).
You will not own the copyright to any images sourced by us on your behalf, either from our own stock image library or from any other provider of stock images. We will not accept any responsibility or liability for any issues arising from claims made against the content or imagery used on your website.
Service Level Agreements
We will respond to you within 24 hours with regards to any query you have.
We’ll add a discreet “website design by Yorkshire Business Trust” (or similar) link at the bottom of each page of your website.
If you’ve asked us to source stock images for use on your website, some of these images may be supplied to us (and thus to you) on the condition that the photographer is credited. If this affects any images we’ve sourced for you, we’ll let you know during the design and build process.
You can discuss what levels of encryption you require for your site, additional cost may be charged dependent on your requirement.
Full support will be provided in the event of any security issues arising. However, we will not accept any responsibility or liability for in the event that sensitive information or data is compromised having been stored on your website or any related services.
Spam / Unsolicited Email
We reserve the right to disable access to your email accounts should we believe you are using them to send unsolicited email. We also reserve the right to suspend any services you hold with us as a result of misuse of your email service.
Reasonable Use Policy
Free ongoing support is included in our web design packages, but this support is provided subject to a reasonable use policy, which is set out below.
Reasonable use includes:
1. Minor alterations at our discretion – for example, replacing, small amounts of text
2. Making changes to your contact details
3. Setting up new email addresses and forwarders (or making changes to existing email addresses and forwarders)
4. Liaising with our hosting provider in the rare event that there are any interruptions to the service
The following are what we consider to be ‘major’ alterations, and are not included in your free support:
1. Creating new pages for your website
2. Making changes to the design of your website
3. Making any changes that affect all pages of your website (rebranding, etc)
4. Moving your site to a new hosting provider, or moving your domain registration to a new registrar.
5. Transferring ownership of your website to someone else
6. We charge £35 per hour for major alterations to your website.
Search Engine Optimisation / Social Media
We are not responsible at any point where your brand or SEO results are impacted by direct activity from you, the customer. As you may be aware, the major search engines are continually making changes to the way they index the world wide web. Therefore, we cannot be held responsible for any changes in common practices of the major search engines (including algorithms) and any resulting impact this has upon your website and its search engine rankings.
Our website hosting packages are designed to support the varied needs of different types and sizes of websites. To reflect this, costs of our hosting packages are tiered based upon your required disk space and bandwidth usage.
We reserve the right to increase our hosting fees at any time. Regular backups of your website and any associated data are implemented for your own security and peace of mind.
Change of Terms
We reserve the right to change these terms at any time and without prior notice. If you have any questions or concerns about any of our terms and conditions, Please contact us.